This Christening mug is beautifully decorated with a representation of the Little Red Riding Hood in bas-relief.
Circa 1910, “ORIVIT” stamp mark to the base.
The ORIVIT AG was founded in 1894 as “Rheinische Broncegieserei fur Kleinplastiken” in Koln-Ehrenfeld (Germany) by Wilhelm Ferdinand Hubert Schmitz (1863-1939). The brand name Orivit was introduced in 1898 and was primarily meant for their pewter ware. Soon however, other materials as copper, brass and mountings for glass and porcelain were also stamped Orivit. In 1905 the Company was in a total financial collapse and WMF bought ORIVIT.
WMF produced items with the name ORIVIT until 1914.