This is a very early 20th electric fan made in germany.
Original nickel plated and dark wood body.
IXA (7″ german fan):
- Did you know…Schuyler Skaats Wheeler (May 17, 1860 – April 20, 1923) was an American engineer who invented the two-blade electric fan in 1882 at age 22.
- Did you know…though they were built very well internally, they were far from finger safe, as a lot of them had cage openings so big that one could put an entire hand or arm through it. Many children had hands and fingers severely injured by those fans.
1896 crocker wheeler fan
- 1734 Frenchman John Theophilus Desagulier invents the paddle fan to ventilate mines
- 1882 Schuyler Skaats Wheeler invents the electric fan
- 1889 Philip H. Diehl patents the ceiling fan
- 1894 German professor Hermann Rietchel publishes Guide to Calculating and Design of Ventilation and Heating Installations
- 1896 the fan with more than two blades are produced