Hand painted by V. Goizauskas
Hutschenreuther – Hohenberg
Germany – Bavaria
Founded in 1814
Present Founder: Carl Magnus Hutschenreuther
This factory was set up by Carl Magnus Hutschenreuther, a porcelain painter previously working at the Wallendorf factory. After his death in 1845 the factory was lead bay his widow, Frau Johanna Hutschenreuther and sons. From 1860 they produced luxurious and gilded porcelains with careful hand painting. A large part of the works was destroyed by fire in 1848. Even today the “Porzellanfabrik” C.M. Hutschenreuter is one of the greates porcelain factories in Germany. The firm of L.Hutschenreuther at Selb Bavaria was founded by Carl’s sons Lorenz and Christian around 1856. The mark for C.M. Hutschenreuther is a shield with a crown over it and the initials JHR Hutschenreuther Selb as well as the lion mark. In the early part of the 20th century, Hutschenreuther grew quickly by absorbing factories at Altrohlau (1909), Arzburg (1918 ) and Tirschenreuth (1927). The branches of the company were united in 1969. Hutschenreuther was a trendsetter and enabled Germany to gain a excellent reputation in the European china industry. The Hutschenreuther “mark of the Lion” is a symbol of excellence that continues to this day. It is now known as Hutschenreuther AG.